Wednesday, November 19, 2008

When it's cold outside, I've got the month of November...

Maybe not quite how the lyrics go, but close.
Time for a quick I-don't-want-to-do-homework-right-now break.

I didn't want to get out of bed today because it was so cold. Or maybe the fact that I went to bed around 3:30 am and my alarm was waking me up at 7:30 am. Either way, I did not want to get up. At 8, I failed my bible test. At 9, I was late for chapel. At 10, I was dazed and confused during English. At 11, it was my third time being asked if everything was okay.. I guess it's apparent I am crazyyyy tired. Pressing on..

Happy White Glove Eve. This is the craziest week EVER. Tonight and Thursday show no signs of slowing down, but speeding up. Ahhh...

Dear God, since this is Florida -- can you please turn the HEAT back on? Please..?!?

Last night at Alive I was really thinking about what I am thankful for. I know it seems so cliche, but Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. =D

I am really thankful for everyone that has pushed me to where I am today. I wouldn't be going to Clearwater if I didn't have everyone's support, so thank you. I'm thankful for Beth and JJ being huge influences in my life. Basically, they are my parents. I love them. They are awesome.

Also, I am thankful for my mom. Crazy huh? I know, you never expected me to be typing this. Ever since I moved into CCC we have gotten along great. Whenever I go home we have really cool talks. She is opening up a lot and I love it. My Poppy was in the hospital and God used this event to make my mom realize things. I know she claims to be Catholic, but whatever she thinks she is, she has definately fallen away from God. She doesn't believe that faith and good works get you to heaven, but faith alone. This makes me believe that there are some saved Catholics, it just varies from person to person. I know there are some doctrinal differences, but everyone's view and opinion is different. Anyways, point of the story is -- I am thankful for my mom. She's changing. And it's awesome to see that. It's in the little things.. like texting me and saying she is blessed to have me as her daughter. And emails. Yeah.

In a way, it's still realllllly weird. I'm not used to it. But please pray for her.

Must get back to school work now. =[ TWO MORE DAYS, then a 10 day break -- so they say. It's actually 10 days to give you as much work as they possibaly can..

1 comments:

thewhisper said...

Aww, sis that's awesome that you're getting along with the parental units better.

I miss you soooo much! Be looking out for a letter in the mail sometime soon!