Tuesday, November 25, 2008

To fail, or not to fail?

Thanksgiving Break.
Break - [intrans.] stop proceedings in order to have a pause or vacation.

One of the many definition for break, and obviously the teachers never understood what it meant! I have so much homework -- online tests, quizzes, papers, projects, speeches -- that this should not be considered a break! Although I didn't get out of bed til one today.. So it is somewhat a break.

I have had a bunch of chill time since I am not all stressed out about school. I know I should be working on homework, but I am a professional procrastinator. In my millions of hours of sitting on my bed staring at the walls, I have been reading a LOT! One of the books is by Mark Driscoll, and the other is like a devotional book one of my unit mates let me borrow. Awesome! 
One of the devotions is titled Failure and God. If you don't know what my biggest fear is -- it's failure. When I came across this devo, I skipped it and when on to the next one. I tried to read the next one but my fantastical mind couldn't stop thinking about the failure one! Ugh. Dumb mind. So I figured I would go back and read it... Good choice. The first line is, "Failure does not mean God has abandoned you; it does mean God has a better way."

WHATTTTT?!?! Crazy! I don't think I have ever really thought of failure like that before. It is kinda comforting, if you know what I mean. God redirects our steps to get us to His goals He has set for us and His plan.. so our "failure" is because we are not getting what we want done or what we want.. but really that doesn't matter anyways. I don't know if this even makes sense, but I know what I mean, and it's really awesome. 

Of course I don't want to fail. I hate that. But now I am seeing it in a different light. Instead of my biggest fear being failure -- it should be not following God's will, and losing sight of it. If our faith is genuine, there is no need to fear failure in my opinion. Even if it seems we have failed, it's important to do what is right.. not for ourselves, but for God

2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you -- unless, of course, you fail the test?

3 comments:

Beth said...

Kaydee--I'm glad you see the difference between failing and following God's plan. It's funny, I'm reading In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day (remember that book the camp speaker suggested) and I am reading about some similar topics. I will let you borrow it when I'm done, but check out my blog for a few of my favorite lines so far.

thewhisper said...

SISTER, SISTER!!!

I got chills when I read this. No joke. It's so cool to see you growing, even though I can't physically see you. Not yet, anyway. 26 days! Not to be confused with 28 Days. Love yoU!

Poems of Long Ago said...

thats cool kaydee. sounds like an interesting ride with christ you seem to be on. im glad for you greatly.