Thursday, April 24, 2008

Lessons Learned

Regret.


Somehow I always end up picking controversial topics to blog on. =]

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason."

I found this quote somewhere a little while ago and I definitely agree with it. I live my life without regrets. That doesn't mean I don't repent, or feel badly for the things I've done, but everything happens for a reason. These events, that some people might regret, have shaped who I am today. I have learned, or I am in the process of learning, from mistakes I have made. There are no regrets in life, just lessons. My life is far from perfect, but at least I can go to sleep every night knowing I live without regrets. At one point in time, everything I have done was exactly what I wanted, right or wrong. 

Let me know your thoughts on this. =]


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought everyone always lived like this.

Good for you. =]

Cristina said...

it is good that u tell your mind cause then people get to know u better so i thought this was good.

Anonymous said...

i think when it comes to discussions on these different topics whether it is regret, hope, or love, it all depends on how the person using these words is defining them. i liked what you had to say, but the dictionary definition of regret is this:

"a feeling of sadness, repentance, or disappointment over something that has happened or been done."

the feelings listed are all feelings that i think any normal human will experience during life. i also thought it was interesting because it included the word repentance in that definition...

...which then leads into the discussion over what exactly is repentance...

-the boyfriend

dK. or Kaydee. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
uthpastorjj said...

sorry, that last comment that was deleted was mine. i didn't realize you never signed off of my computer, so when i posted it, it was posted with your name...lol. anyway, here's the post ascribed to its author.

I gotta agree with Brent on this one, but you already know this. It's funny that the dictionary def brings up the word repentance after we just talked about that.

I agree with the quote, that we should live life without regrets, but the strength of the quote is in the idea that we are not going to do things to make us regret our actions.

There have been plenty of things in my life that I regret. That doesn't mean that I'm dissatisfied with who I've become. In fact, quite the opposite. But I'm not who I am today because of the bad decisions I made.

dK. or Kaydee. said...

Don't do things you think (or know) you'll "regret". =]


Everything I do is something I wanted at one point in time, and I don't regret it. I have learned from it. One way or another. Hence -- Lessons learned.

thewhisper said...

I agree. You shouldn't dwell on the things you've done, to an extent, but to take a step back and see what happened so you can learn from it. Life is a learning experience. But like JJ was saying, and you, you shouldn't do things that you know you would regret. ("You," being a general term.) Love you sis.

Read my blog.