Thursday, July 24, 2008

Taking a mulligan.

Mulligan. Do over. Another shot.


Good thing God gives those out unconditionally. No matter how far apart we've grown from Him, how side-tracked our lives are, basically how selfish and up lifting of ourselves we are - God is ALWAYS there. ALWAYS waiting for our focus to get back on track, to be focused on Him. Even when we are kicking and screaming and fighting Him away, He'll drag us back to where HE wants us to be. Because it's not about me, even though I like to make it that way. Hence, last nights blog... I made it about me.

Let me tell you, I make a crappy god. Others can tell you that too. I bring myself down, to the point of depression. Well, I am tired of being there. Last night I still wasn't letting go. I hold on to things. That gets me going in circles. Vicious circles. (Not like Dane Cook.) I'm tired of holding on to the past and trying to create what I think my walk should look like. 

So here I am. Giving God the keys to my life, yet again, and letting Him drive. Letting go. Of everything. I'm done with it. Done with the past. I know there is still consequences for the choices I've made, but I'm not going to hold on to what I've done. I cannot change that. Sometimes it comes to the point of feeling like you are going to give up to actually give up. Giving everything to God. Not be selective about what you "give", but just giving it all. Because I can't do this on my own.

I'm going to stop worrying so much about what I'm getting out of life, and start giving to others. Lost people need to be found, and found people need to grow. Two of my favorite (serious) quotes from camp. And also -- The truth doesn't require your approval for it to be the truth. So make that three of my favorite quotes. I know the feeling I had on the way home from Philly is what I want/need to be feeling. Serving others.

I apologize for my recent actions and my blog last night. Mulligan?
P.S. Hold Fast - MercyMe. Good song.

3 comments:

uthpastorjj said...

wow, thats what 100% is about...

Beth said...

Forgetting what is behind and pressing on toward the mark of the high calling--Christ Jesus. Move forward not backward. And yes, CCC is what you need. PAPERWORK--I'm here to help.

Melanie said...

Kaydee, first of all i love you.
i love how much you've grown, and how much you inspire me everyday.
this is an amazing blog, and speaks to me. good job. i'm proud of you :)