Tuesday, April 29, 2008

God Speaking?

Lately Psalm 23 has been on my mind. The whole book really, but particularly the 23rd chapter. I really have no clue why, but it wouldn't be just for any old reason. As I was reading through it tonight before I went to bed, I noticed something...



Even though I walk 
       through the valley of the shadow of death,
       I will fear no evil, 
       for you are with me; 
       your rod and your staff, 
       they comfort me.
Psalm 23:4


And then I realized it.. wait for it, wait for it.. Hey, that's in a song! (Yes, you probably think I am blonde, but whateverrr.) After playing through the song in my head I figured out it was Matt Redman's You Never Let Go.


Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect lo
ve is casting out fear
And even when I’m caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won’t turn back
I know You are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Chorus:
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We’ll live to know You here on the earth

Chorus:

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles 
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You



Wow. That song reminds me of things I need to constantly remember. "There will be an end to these troubles but until that day come, still I will praise You." Ouch. I need to remember all of that, especially the last part. And the fact that He never lets go. Even when we think we let go, or we do. Sometimes, I feel like I am being dragged back by God to where he wants me, and He never gives up -- through all the fighting and kicking back. It reminds me of John 10:28-30..


28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. 30I and the Father are one."


He will never let go. && no one can pluck us away. 

Everyone probably already knows this, but maybe this point is one reason why I keep going back to Psalm 23. 
(Or maybe because The Number 23) =D
Thought.. Comment.. Thanks 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

When we win we praise Him, when we lose we praise Him.

That's something we all for sure need to remember.
I'm definitely having one of those "losing" times if you will.
Thank you for reminding me that above all I need to be praising Him.

Also, when we are "losing", remember to exam our own hearts..because there could be something we need to confess and lighten our own load so to speak.

Anonymous said...

that passage is so encouraging... im glad you talked about it, cause thats something i always need to be reminded of. great post babe, i love it when you put your thoughts out there because it always causes me to examine myself. i love you and im praying for you!

Jayseekaaa said...

awww i like that song.

good job with your cute bible posts! i likie.

everyone needs a reality check once in a while.

ilyyyy

Robin said...

I have definitely been "dragged back" by God on multiple occasions... he rocks.

Psalm 23 is one of my faves. It's also mentioned in "Gangsta's Paradise" by Coolio... however I don't think that song is quite as inspirational as the one you mentioned... lol

uthpastorjj said...

it's pretty hysterical that I had the same thought as Robin when you mentioned it was in a song...who would think that I would think of Gangster's Paradise before Matt Redman?

Still, very good post. Every time I get frustrated, there's a glimmer...(I was going to write 'of ....' but do we really need to get into that again?

Beth said...

Another great song that talks about Psalm 23 is Mark Schultz's He Will Carry Me. Wow, total opposite posts in two days. I like this one better and I totally agree with all the comments that it is something we need a constant reminder of. It's so easy to forget, especially when things go from bad to worse.

Cristina said...

wow kd it is great reading this and that is a good song and very good verses in the bible. that was a great encourgement to my day thanks. :) <3

thewhisper said...

keep lookin' up.